I still have the energy of getting full
swing back into running.
But the fact that my body and endurance
are NOT ready is a whole different story.
I set out yesterday with a goal to do 3 miles.
A simple 3 miles, right?!
Not so much.
I did good the first mile.
Stopped to walk for a bit on the second mile.
Then when I was reaching the top of the hill
I started to feel sick.
'Push through it' I keep saying to myself.
Cause don't you see the results when you get to
the point of quiting then you magically push through?
I found myself on the side of someone's house
dry-heaving hoping to throw up.
I stood up to keep running the next mile
And only made it a half mile before I was
summoned home to go look at places to live.
I am excited/nervous to try again today.
I know I will pick it back up.
It just takes a lot of work.
and training.
swing back into running.
But the fact that my body and endurance
are NOT ready is a whole different story.
I set out yesterday with a goal to do 3 miles.
A simple 3 miles, right?!
Not so much.
I did good the first mile.
Stopped to walk for a bit on the second mile.
Then when I was reaching the top of the hill
I started to feel sick.
'Push through it' I keep saying to myself.
Cause don't you see the results when you get to
the point of quiting then you magically push through?
I found myself on the side of someone's house
dry-heaving hoping to throw up.
I stood up to keep running the next mile
And only made it a half mile before I was
summoned home to go look at places to live.
I am excited/nervous to try again today.
I know I will pick it back up.
It just takes a lot of work.
and training.
And did I say a lot of work?
Lets hope I will be able to be ready by August 8.
Lets hope I will be able to be ready by August 8.

2 comments:
So i ran that slc half too, and my knee was DYING too, not sure if is was my IT band or runners knee, but I think it was so bad cause the whole race was downhill. Since then I only run uphill. my minute miles are WAY slow, and I don't run as long, and it's a pain to leave a bike or car at the top of the hill and also a pain to drop water every mile and a half or so..BUT i can run everyother day with absolutely NO knee pain or discomfort AND you burn way more calories running short, intense runs with water stops than a long flat run. (because your heart rate is getting jerked around and builds up to your max right before each water stop when you push it.)I run suncrest 3 times a week if you ever want to come..it is the best work out in the world, and it builds those muscles that need to be strong to prevent knee pain in the future....I am running provo river half too, so any time you wanna train together for a longer run, let me know GIRL!!
Way to go on training for these events! I debated starting half marathons this summer, but I don't like to run that much. I can run about 5 miles and that's it for me. I am doing triathlons for the first time this summer. Wow, training is so hard! You hit these highs and lows and then get super anxiety the closer an event gets. Good luck on your goals!
Post a Comment