Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First one back

Today was the first run since my marathon.
I was nervous.
I don't know what for,
I was only running 3.5 miles, not 26.2!

It went surprisingly well.
I felt good.
I did feel a little sluggish.
And I did a lot of hills.

Every time I ran up a hill all I could
envision were all the hills during the race.
I wanted to beat the crap out of the hills.
Then I felt something in my shoe
that I for sure thought was my toenail.
Good thing it was only a band-aid!

I'm excited to get re-conditioned in running again.
Hopefully getting new shoes soon,
and I am going to start pushing myself.
Maybe even plan a fake race for myself.
A half marathon the day after Thanksgiving.
Something to look forward to,
and burn off the yummy Thanksgiving feast.

No comments: